We're holding an art contest and the winning pieces will be displayed on the Katy Trail! This month we are focusing on Katy Trail safety and we want all ages to get involved. Talk to your kids about what it means to be safe on the trail and then have them portray their safety ideas in a drawing and send it our way. Text with safety slogans are encouraged - here are some helpful reminders:
- KEEP TO THE RIGHT
- ANNOUNCE ‘PASSING ON LEFT’
- ALWAYS LOOK BOTH WAYS BEFORE CROSSING OR CHANGING DIRECTIONS
- WATCH SPEEDS ON BICYCLES AND KEEP A 3 FEET DISTANCE BETWEEN PEDESTRIANS AT ALL TIMES
- USE HEADPHONES RESPONSIBLY
- WATCH CHILDREN CAREFULLY
- KEEP PETS ON A SHORT LEASH
- WHEN POSSIBLE STAY ON THE CORRECT PATH - THE SOFT PATH IS MEANT FOR RUNNERS AND WALKERS AND THE HARD PATH IS MEANT FOR BIKERS AND BLADERS
- WHEN IN A GROUP STAY IN A SINGLE FILE LINE.
- WATCH FOR TRAFFIC WHEN CROSSING STREETS AT HARVARD AND KNOX
Then send photo or scan of your child’s safety themed image to us at email@example.com. We will select winners from four categories: grades K-1st, 2nd-3rd, 4th-6th and 7th-8th. Not only will your child’s artwork be on display in front of thousands at our Membership and Safety Drive on March 29th, but we will also hook them up with some pretty cool Katy Trail gear and a Katy Trail Kids annual membership. See the full details here. Entries must be received by 3/25 for consideration.