Friday, January 22, 2010

New entrances open on Katy Trail


Two new entrances to the Katy Trail are now open. The recently completed Beasley Entrance at Hall Street is a sweeping staircase that allows walkers and runners convenient access to the Trail, instead of the scrambling up a hill as before. The lushly landscaped entrance is a gift from the Theodore and Beulah Beasley Foundation.


The Tao of Warren is on the west side of the Trail at Armstrong Boulevard and was dedicated on Jan. 1. It is a dual staircase flanking a round seating wall and plaza. Sarah and Jim Hutcheson with their son Nathan made the naming gift in the memory of their son Warren, who was killed at 19 in a car accident.


During 2009, Friends of the Katy Trail initiated construction on five new entrances called for in the Friends of the Katy Trail Master Plan. These projects cost a total of $2.1 million in private funds that the Friends raised.

2 comments:

mainman said...

I am from Michigan I will be in Dallas jan 30 to feb 13.

I am male 64 straight. I am getting back in shape after some medical problems

I enjoy the company of women. Looking for a plutonic friend. A person who would like to bicycle and show me where to get good seafood and tex mex food as well. Other sight-seeing would be on my list.

I plan to buy a bike from craigs list when I get there and ride the Katy trail (Perhaps other trails also)
The person I am staying with works M-F.

I can ride a long distance but not real fast.

Unknown said...

tn requin

chaussures tn

women's shoes

chaussure requin

air max

chaussures sport

air 90

air 95

chaussures pas cher

air bw

air max

air 90

air chaussures

discount handbags

timberland

timberland chaussures

bottes ugg

ugg classic

ugg

bottes ugg

Chaussures Femmes

ugg classic

ugg

moncler

Chaussures mode

doudoune moncler

健康365

加拿大营养屋

健康药品大全

健康365

欣乐佳

中食月太